Mrs. Lynch's 7th grade Pre-AP Language Arts
| FOR UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION AND ASSIGNMENTS, PLEASE LOG IN TO YOUR CANVAS ACCOUNT BY CLICKING HERE.
Vocabulary workbooks may not be shared among students or siblings. This would be the same as sharing a worksheet, essay, or project which would violate the school cheating policy. Students, you must have your own workbook in class each day. If another students asks to borrow your workbook, politely decline.
Below are the Language Arts department's guidelines for 8th grade Language Arts course selection. These guidelines were discussed in class and were posted on the board during the week of Jan.
If your average this year overall has been:
90-100 I strongly recommend Pre-AP
85-90 Give strong consideration to Pre-AP
80-84 Careful! Analyze why you did not earn a higher grade. Will Pre-AP work for you?
< 80 I can't personally recommend Pre-AP because your scores do not reflect the
necessary skill and/or effort to be successful in 8th grade Pre-AP. You and your
parents will need to make this decision.
** My Open House Presentation slideshow is now available on the "downloads" link on the left green sidebar.
Homework Assignments/Class News for the week of April 17-21:
Vocabulary quiz over Unit #13 will be Friday, April 21. We will continue working on our Midsummer Unit Projects in class in preparation for beginning A Midsummer Night's Dream.
**We will begin reading A Midsummer Night's Dream on April 19th. All students should have a new/used copy by this date. The suggested version is Shakespeare Made Easy, published by Barron's. This version has side-by-side modern English version with full original text. See below for the ISBN (publisher number).
Have a copy of A Midsummer Night's Dream by April 19th.
Quiz over Unit 13 on April 21.
Test over Units 13-15 will be on May 19th.
* Everyday bring your SURF book, your novel, and your vocabulary workbook to class.
2016-2017 Required Reading for Mrs. Lynch's Class:
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, ISBN: 9780140385724 (summer reading)
Brian's Song by William Blinn, ISBN: 9780553266184
The Glory Field by Walter Dean Myers, ISBN: 9780545055758
A Midsummer Night's Dream, Barron's Ed., ISBN: 9780812035841
The Sadlier-Oxford Vocabulary Workshop, Level B is required for all McCullough students.
Red: Red 1 & Green 2B
Yellow: Red 3 & Green 2A
Green: Green 3 & Red 2B
Blue: Green 4 & Red 2A
Please contact the Counselor's Office if you would like to schedule a conference with me.
Red Days 12:45-1:45
Green Days 2:30-3:45
1. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to check the absence binder upon your return. What I say in class overrides everything on this website! Not all assignments are posted. Extracurricular activities should NEVER be an excuse for incomplete assignments. Those activities are extra, meaning school work is the priority.
2. I usually update my website once or twice a week, and not always on the same day. The assignments and due dates I have posted are a GUIDELINE, not an absolute. I will adjust the pace and content of my weekly curriculum as needed to meet the needs of my students. Students are responsible for copying down the planner information daily in order to have the most updated information.
3. What this website IS: Another great source for information about classwork, daily assignments, homework, tests and long-term projects. It is to be used in conjunction with the planner.
4. What this website IS NOT: A replacement for...
-paying attention in class
-listening to oral directions on how assignments are to be completed
-copying down assignments into the planner.